Sunday, December 14, 2008

November/Thanksgiving

Okay, I'll be the first to admit it. I'm a horrible blogger. I don't know how anyone can keep a blog up to date.

November was a very busy month for me. We found out in the beginning of the month that all of Brian's family would be coming to our house for thanksgiving. We spent every weekend in the month grocery shopping ( I didn't want to have to go all at once) and cleaning. I hadn't help the kids clean their rooms in a while so we had takle that. Although they might have appeared clean at first glance their was stuff crammed in every corner. Not to mention they couldn't even open their closet doors because there was so much stuff thrown in there. We also had to put together the bunkbeds so we could have another bed. We shampooed the carpets and the furniture and cleaned our hundred gallon fish tank. We had to barricade the cat in our room and banish the dogs to the outdoors. We did all this for one sweet, adorable little girl. One of Greg's (Brian's older brother) daughters has severe asthma attacks and is allergic to animals. Of course I would have cleaned anyway but probably not to the extent I did. Shampooing is exuasting and by the time everyone got here Saturday night, I was beat. They arrived on my birthday, November 22nd, and left Friday the 28th. I took the whole week off work including the the 21st. It was a full house. 18 of us in all. I have to say though, even though I was exhausted, it was a great week. We had 10 kids here and not one single fight. Kari and I set up a bowling alley in the living room and we had a tornament. Karne and Greg took the kids to play tennis. All the boys went to the batting cages. The girls took a shopping trip and we all played baseball in the park.

No comments: