About ten years ago we were given a new Christmas tree. I needed a bigger tree skirt for it and found a deep red one with Gingerbreadmen on it to make. That same year I came across a receipe for ornaments made with cinnamon, applesauce and glue. They looked like gingerbread so I thought they would be the perfect addition to our new tree. The girls were very little then so I did most of the work but they loved it so I kept doing it each year. We hang them on the tree with ribbon and decorate them with puffy paint. This year the kids got very detailed. I have to say, it's gotten more and more enjoyable each year as the kids had more input. They're already planning what they want to do next year with them. They want to make a garland with them seperating each ornament with red wooden berries and ribbon. I hope it turns out cause I'm sure it will be alot of work. It'll be a nice change though.
We've also added a few other things to our gingerbread theme. I used the extra gingerbread men from the left over fabric to make some stockings one year and last year, my sister sent me a gingerbread village.



2 comments:
I would love to have that recipe. Someone gave me two of those about ten years ago, and they still smell good.
Thanks for the recipe. We had alot of fun making them this year. I'm sure we will do it again next year.
I can't wait to see how your garland turns out next year.
Post a Comment