When I was young and lived at home, I was not allowed to cut my hair. I had long straight hair that went to my waist. I didn't even have bangs. My dad sid the only way I could change it was to go to a professional salon and pay for it to be done myself. Well, who has the money for that when your in school? About a month after I married Brian he dropped me off at a salon and said he would not pick me up until I had my hair cut. He was sick of me asking what he thought about me with short hair. I got it cut to the middle of my back. Dangerous huh? well, a couple of months later I got it cut to my shoulders and then got a perm which brought it up to my chin. I hated it. It seemed forever before it grew out. I kept it in various styles at about shoulder length for most of my married life. I even went shorter than chin length once and got lots of short spikey layers with highlights. I let it grow out over the past two years. Partly because I didn't have money to go get it cut and partly because I wanted my long hair again. It was down to the middle of my back again until yesterday morning. I was feeling adventurous again and went and got it cut. It's now back up to my shoulders with lots of layers. And now here I sit, wishing for my long hair again. Why is it we are never happy with what we have? I wish there was a way to have fun trendy hair on the days we want it and long flowing hair on the days we don't. The best of both worlds.
7 comments:
Well, where's the picture? I will be getting my hair cut soon as well. I'm pretty nervous because I think I will feel the same way as you do.
yeah, I want to see a picture, too! I'm sure it's beautiful. I'm back to wanting to grow mine out again. I've been wearing it short for about three years, and I want my long hair back.
i love the new haircut. it is super cute. it looks like the styles right now. you look fabulous:)
Cute, I like it!
I think the new look is very cute-- you're hip and stylish. So don't fret. Enjoy it.
Lisa I loved reading up on your cute little family. Out of all the kids, Monica is looking so grown up to me! I think your hair was that short when we left the ward, has it really been that long?
Yo, Lisa-- Have you dropped off the face of the earth? Come back to blogging. I miss you!
Post a Comment