I know you might find this hard to believe but this really is our first gingerbread house. They weren't a tradition in my house growing up. I think this was mainly due to the fact that my mother hates gingerbread and my dad didn't like the smell of it. I got to try making one one year. I don't recall how it turned out but I remember the frustration I had that the walls wouldn't stand up very well. This one was a kit and I bought it on a whim. The kids had a blast and I have to admit, I had fun too. It was much easier to make the house when you have every thing laid out for you.
This is the story of our lives. The good and the bad. The happy and the sad. All our twists and turns through lifes challenges and the craziness we endure every step of the way. We are Simply Selbys!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Our First Gingerbread House
I know you might find this hard to believe but this really is our first gingerbread house. They weren't a tradition in my house growing up. I think this was mainly due to the fact that my mother hates gingerbread and my dad didn't like the smell of it. I got to try making one one year. I don't recall how it turned out but I remember the frustration I had that the walls wouldn't stand up very well. This one was a kit and I bought it on a whim. The kids had a blast and I have to admit, I had fun too. It was much easier to make the house when you have every thing laid out for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment