Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where was the retreat?

This week our Stake had a Relief Society retreat. It started Friday night with a dinner at 6:30 and then each ward broke off and did their own thing. It went till about midnight but needless to say, I did not stay that long. Work that day had been horrendous. I had two, two hour meetings and then a million things that came up that had to be tended to right away in between those meetings. By 4:00 I was spent with a headache to match the day. I got home about 5, fixed dinner for the kids, dropped Ashlee off to babysit and made myself go to the church (I'd been feeling guilty for not going to things). Dinner was nice and so was our ward time but those of you who know me know that I don't last much longer than 8:30. I left at 9, but had to pick up Ashlee on the way home. By the time I got to bed, It was about 10:30 and I thought I was going to drop dead into bed. Well, I dropped but sleep did not come. I should've known I'd lie awake for hours thinking of how busy the next day would be. To make things worse, The dog kept whining so I got up to put him out but then he just kept scratching the door and barking to come back in. when I'd open the door, he run and try to get me to chase him into the yard. After what seemed like an eternity of tyring I gave up and went up stairs and sent Ashlee who had gotten up to use the bathroom down for the Dog. That may sound rotten, but that child never sleeps and I was soooo tired. I ended up having to help her drag him to his leash. Then, just before 5 in the morning, Brian got up to get ready for work. Well, His back was hurting so bad he couldn't move and he had gone downstairs to call his Boss. Because he wasn't following his normal routine, it woke me up. I tried desperately to go back to sleep but Brian had turned on the TV that woke up Brandon who came and pounced on my bed and then tossed and turned for an hour pretending to sleep. I told him to go away (I know, not a very grown up mom thing to do, but I was tired.) Brian then pointed out that I was cranky. Ya think? So, exhausted and cranky, I got up and started my day. I got everyone up and ready to go by 8:00, dropped Ashlee off to babysit again, went grocery shopping, dropped off the groceries and child 2 and 3 off at the house, made sure all the cold stuff was put away and headed to the church. I spent the day doing the different workshops and then left an hour early at 2 so I could take the kids to the warm springs with a ward from another stake. That had started at 1:00 by the way and it was an hour drive to get there. By the time we left it was 3:30 and I wasn't even sure I knew exactly how to get there. Can you guess what might have happened on the way there? Well, what would happen to you if you were late and had three kids begging you to hurry and you weren't sure how long it would take you to get there? Yes, a TICKET! I always get them and can never get out of them. I was so tired and angry I began regrettably to blame the kids. Why does that happen when they had nothing to do with it? Well, we made it there just in time to eat. But right after eating I began feeling sick to my stomach. Then a migraine set in and I wasn't sure I could even drive home. I literally dropped into bed last night. So again, I find myself asking "where was the retreat?"

No comments: