I can't believe my two weeks off work is over. I feel like I've only had a weekend. Brian thought I'd be ready to go back after ALL the time I've had off. He obviously doesn't realize how busy you can be when your home and your the mom.
I had about a million things I wanted to do.
One was getting my pictures onto one computer. We have a desktop and a laptop and silly me didn't realize how hard that would be. I literally spent an entire day just transferring pictures. I still have a few videos but those will wait for another day. I also realized after transferring them they were no longer in order and I hadn't named any of them. I spent another day just trying to get them in some kind of order and then with one click of the button they were all mixed up again. Oh well, I may have to live with a DVD of jumbled pictures even though it goes against every grain of my being. This is yet another example of why Brian is my perfect mate. He would say "who cares at least you have the pictures." I really don't even want to think of how rigid my life would be if it weren't for him bringing me back to reality.
Another task I wanted to accomplish was getting the house completely clean. HA! What a joke. I couldn't even get my room finished and that wasn't even bad. I'll have to settle for getting a new chore chart established and trying to get the kid back on course with their chores. They did really good this past week but out of the $12 they could have earned, they each only earned $4.75. I'm hoping that the money will inspire them and future weeks will be better.
I also wanted to do a closet clean out. This was the one thing I did the best. Brandon and I cleaned out two bags of stuff from his room and I cleaned out what I could from mine and the rest of the house. All in all, I had two loads of stuff for DI. Yeah! It feels so good to get rid of the junk.
All in all my vacation was great. I baked with the kids, shopped with my girls, slept in everyday and watched movies with the family. We even played some new games and actually stayed up till midnight on news years eve. I only wish I had another few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment