Saturday, November 1, 2008

Homework

Does anyone else hate Homework? I hated it when I was in school but I think I hate it even more now. It is absolutely impossible to get a seven year old boy to do four worksheets a night and 20 minutes of reading. It's a fight to the finish with him. Our rule is you come home and do your homework before you do anything else. Ha! what a joke. He never gets to do anything else. He starts at 4:00 and he's still doing it at 7:30. He never gets to play because he never finishes his homework in time. I've never like the fact that they give elementary kids packets of homework to do each week. I realize it's suppose to give them good study habbits but come on, when do they get to play? They've taken away two of the three recesses we used to have and no they're talking about taking away lunch recess as well. You can't tell me that the school districts think these kids get enough playtime in their one class of P.E. When do they get to play and have fun?

No comments: