Okay, as I've been reading every one's wonderful blogs I realized that mine is lacking. Everyone seems so good at sharing things. I however, can't seem to share unless I have a picture to explain but I thought I give it a try.
Favorite thing number 1. Clean Sheets. I love the feeling of getting into a freshly changed clean bed. For some weird reason, I sleep so much sounder and harder than if the blankets are all jumbled.
2. The smell of Rain. Who doesn't?
3. A clean house. Now, I'm not talking spotless or anything. Just picked up and vacuumed. When the house looks good I actually feel like I've accomplished something grand for the day. Unfortunately it only lasts about 5 minutes and I'm back to feeling like a mom that can't keep up. Don't get me wrong. The clean house only refers to the common living areas. I just shut the doors to the kids rooms and pretend that they are in perfect order on the other side.
4. Chocolate. Yes, I'm addict and admitting it. There are days when I'll even beg for it.
5.Shoes. You know that commercial where its raining shoes? That would be me. If I could I probably would have a whole closet full of them. I don't think I've ever gone to a store without walking down the shoe isle and trying on at least one pair.
6. I love the stillness after a snowfall. For one quiet perfect minute the world is pure and peaceful.
7. The sound of Summer. Even if it wasn't a blazin' 120 degrees outside I would know it was summer by the sound. you can hear life all around you, people, animals, cars, sprinkles. This might seem hypocritical of loving the stillness after a snowfall but I think that these two extremes are really who I am. I love to be around people but I also have to have my down time where it's quiet and still. I go crazy if I don't.
8. Riding with Brian on his motorcycle. There are things I really dislike about riding but the thing I love the most is when we have a long straight away without any cars and he go really fast. I close my eyes, lean my head against his back, and if I could without getting ripped off the back, I'd put my arms out to the side. It really truly feels like your flying. It's amazing! I don't recommend this for the faint of heart though. Especially at the speeds my husband likes to go.
9.I love the sound of rain, not just when you can hear it on the ground but when it really rains and it's beating down on your house.
10. Accomplishments. I get great satisfaction in doing something from start to finish. This is also my biggest downfall. I beat myself senseless until its finished or I get it right. whether
it's raising my children or cooking something from scratch, I believe the fulfilment I get when I've done something right is the drive that keeps me going in life and helps me take on the next thing I have to do.
Well, there you go. 10 things about me. I wasn't sure I could come up with 10 but I did.
2 comments:
I love the rain as well. Especially when it pours. I think living in the desert does that to you. I never thought chocolate would end up on your top ten list......just kidding. I actually can't believe it wasn't #1
Your comment about Brian's motorcycle reminded me of when Nathan and I were engaged. He had a CBR 900, and I remember driving from Mattawa (where he lived) to Tri-Cities (where I lived). It's a forty-mile stretch through the desert. I loved it until I looked over Nathan's shoulder and realized we were going 90 miles an hour!
Post a Comment