Sunday, May 18, 2008

wedding cake


In march one of my co workers got married and she asked me to make her wedding cake. I was leary of doing it to begin with because I haven't done a cake in so long, but to top it off, we were all sick the entire week before it had to be done. I had a fever from the saturday before all the thru friday. Friday was the day I had to make it cause Saturday was the wedding. so I was sick while I made and Brian and Brandon also had High fevers. It was a nightmare. I had also never worked with fondant before which is what she wanted the cake decorated with. All in all, it turned out good. Looks are deceiving though, its not even really a cake. They are rice crispie treats. No, she didn't serve it, she just wanted it for looks. I will also be doing my nephews wedding cake in June. Why is it that nobody ask for something easy like a birthday cake? no, they just jump right to the big stuff. Wedding cakes! I just wish I had more time to practice this hobby so I'd be more confident in doing them. I really do enjoy it.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

I had no idea you did wedding cakes. That cake is so pretty. Did you use fondant. Well just to let you know yes I can get on your blog.

Selby's in Vegas said...

I don't do many. I wish I had time to practice more with this sort of thing. when Brian and I were 1st married I was going to start a cake decorating business. I learned to decorate while working at albertson's bakery. I really need to take some classes cause my skills are very limited.