Saturday, April 18, 2009

Are you still there?

Yes, I'm still here. The past few months have been extremely trying and tiring for me. I don't know why I keep thinking that when things start to even out that they'll actually stay that way for awhile. We just keep jumping from one crisis to the next. I have learned something about myself though. I can not keep up with everything. I know, major break through right?
Anyway,about the middle of February I received some pretty heartbreaking news. A few days later, my husband informed me he quit his job. I knew things were stressful but I really didn't think he'd just quit his job right now. To make things worse, they are making all kinds of structural changes at my work and every one's job titles were up in the air. Needless to say, I was once again challenged to the max.
We've got things settled as much as possible now but it took a complete overhaul in our life. Brian is now attending the Art Institute of Las Vegas. It's a four year, accredited college which he will be completing in a 3 year accelerated program and will receive a bachelors degree in Animation and Media Graphics. So that he can attend school full time, he's working at Pizza Hut delivering pizza. We're still trying to catch up from the month he wasn't working but I think in the end this job will work out great. He doesn't mind it and he can save all his brain power for school. We actually see him way more now than we ever have. The only thing I hate is knowing everyone is home from school including him and I still have to work till 5:00. :( It doesn't help that things haven't settled entirely at work either. I've been having many more days where I wish I could just stay home and be the Mom. I'm sure that as things completely settle you'll be seeing more of me again. I really don't know how you all keep up so well.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you're still alive and fightin' through the trials. I know you've been carrying a burden working, but hopefully when Brian gets through his schooling you'll have a chance to just be the Mom. Is he doing computer animation? Nathan has gotten hooked on Warcraft. I could totally see him and Brian coming up with some video game. Take a deep breath and know we're here for you. Vent to the blog. We'll support you.

Laurel said...

Why is it that some people just get trial after trial. I think that you are just so strong and grounded in your beliefs that you can get through anything. Good luck with things. Hope things go the way you want and need. Take care!

Julie said...

Well, I was wondering what was up with you. I knew you were up to something interesting. Give me a call!