Sunday, August 24, 2008

Indiana Jones

This year Brandon decided to have an Indiana Jones Birthday party. I couldn't really think of anything to do for the cake besides this. I think it turned out pretty good and all the boys loved it.
These are his friends that came to the party. All but one showed up. Yeah! If you'll notice, they are all wearing Indie hats. We made up an Indain Jones Adventure that the boys were going to go on so we thought it only appropriate they all got to play the part of Indiana. I think this was the first time I ever had all the kids wear party hats. They loved them. I had made a map for them showing where they would start and where they would end. Firtst they had to cross the snake pit. Then swing across alligator swamp. From there they had to dig up the buried treasure. After finding it they had to cross the grasslands and watch for the water bombers (water balloons thrown by the girls) and then rescue the monkey. That set in motion the Ball of Doom which they had to escape by making it to the bottom of the hill before it did.
This is Brandon crossin Aligator Swamp. The alligators were thos little kiddie tubes used for swimming that have big alligator heads. we filled them with water balloons in case they fell. This was the biggest hit with the boys.

Here's the ball of Doom. They all safely made to the end without it rolling over them. Which with Monika helping was a miracle. It was rolling down hill anyway but she kept helping it along by kicking it directly at the boys. phewwh! They returned the favor by returning to the water balloons and throwing them all (80) at the girls who worked so hard to help make this fun for them. It was a blast. We returned home from our questing to have pizza, cake and ice cream. This party took some work to do but I think it was by far our best turnout and party ever. I hope this doesn't set a new standard for our birthday parties though. I don't think I could do this every time.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Cool Lego cake. My boys both decided they want to be Indiana Jones for Halloween. Where'd you get hats? The ones I've seen online are expensive.

Jaclyn said...

Wow that is so cool! I hope that I can be as creative as you one day! Miss ya!

Laurel said...

what a fun birthday. that cake is super cute. you are so talented!!

Laurel said...

is that kyson bean in the picture with all the kids. he is such a cute boy. are you in the same ward as holly bean. how funny if you are. they are a fun family. i was just looking at her blog the other day.