Sunday, August 3, 2008

Girls Night


My Friend Deanna asked me to go with her to pick up her daughter in Cedar City. They have a cabin in Paragonah just north of Cedar, so we stayed the night in the Cabin.


Leaving for the night meant I had to have Ashlee packed for Girls camp a day early so we could have her stuff dropped off in time. I also had to go watch Monika's play during one of their rehersals they did earlier in the day. She was okay with it or I wouldn't have gone. The trip was fun. We left here at 3:30 and stopped in St. George for Dinner, then continued up to the cabin. We got there after dark so we didn't get to go exploring nature much. We stayed up till almost 1:00 in the morning talking, for any of you who know me that was a miracle in and of itself. We had to be up by six to go pick up her daughter so needless to say, we all had toothpicks holding our eyelids open. Luckily, I didn't have to drive and took a nap on the way home. It was short and sweet but I got out of town, got in some female bonding time, and got talk to friends without children interupting. We didn't even have cell service so they were completely on their own here at home. This was the first time I've ever gone away without any one. I knew they'd be okay without me but it was hard for me just because Monika had her play that night. Of course they were more than okay and I arrived home the next morning to find all my children at sleep overs and Brian gone to work. Can anyone guess what that meant? There was no one home and I didn't have my keys. I had sent Deanna on her way cause I was sure the kids were here and then I couldn't even get in. I way over to where the girls were and they met me with the key. Thank goodness I always make them take a house key everywhere they go. I guess I should follow the same rule. It would have been a long, long day waiting for Brian to get home from work. There's always a price to pay for fun it seems. It was sure nice to get away from things though, even it was only one night.









1 comment:

Jen said...

There's nothing like some good quality girl time. I glad you were able to get away, you deserve it.