I decided that I was tired of hearing my kids complain about what they were eating. I assigned them each a night to cook each week. they are responsible for picking out the meal and adding any needed ingredients to the shopping list. Then on their night to cook they have to make it themselves for the most part. Of course I'm still in the kitchen supervising but they doing really well. I also told them that if they wanted anything special for desert or for a breakfast on the weekend they would have to pick it out and help make that as well. This fruit pizza was Ashlee's first desert pick. She did it all herself except for the top glaze which she wanted me to pour on. Looks good doesn't it? It was delicous. What is even more amazing is the fact that Ashlee doesn't spend much time in the kitchen. Any time she needs something made or needs help with something other than Microwaving, she always asks Monika. Monika is always in the kitchen and always has been. I think she started cooking her Ramen noodles at five, but cookies, cakes, breakfast, dinner you name she's cooked it. Just watch, She'll be cooking all those horses on her Rach Gormet dinners instead of hay. For those of you who don't know, Monika says that the only thing she's going to do in life is to own a Ranch with as many horses possible. If you ask her "what if you find a husband that doesn't want a ranch?" she'll tell you that she won't get married. Anyway, this cooking thing is working out really well and the one that's the most excited to help cook is Brandon. He says he loves cooking. So far its been frozen popcorn shrimp and then chicken nuggets. I don't have the heart to tell him that's really not cooking. but oh well, it's been fun.
1 comment:
looks good! Great job Ashlee, except I don't remember getting any of the leftovers
Post a Comment