Brian came up with the idea to dig a hole in our back yard for a fire pit so we could roast marshmallows. He sent Ashlee and I out to gather wood and fortunately there's still a desert area behind our development. We cut through our neighborhood park and then climbed through a hole in the fence that someone had knocked out. We managed to find several dead trees and managed to bring back two of them. that was fun, trying to get the trees back through the hole in the fence. Ashlee was quite conscious of the fact we were carrying a bucket full of sticks and two dead trees. She thought everyone under the sun was watching and laughing. but even though she felt silly the reward was worth the wait. Brian managed a blazing fire that lasted just long enough for us to each have two smores. YUMMY!
The only thing missing was Monika and Brandon. I think they would have loved doing this, but those lucky ducks got to go on a three week trip to Grandma's and Grandpa's and then get to take a train ride to Salt Lake where we'll pick them up for the wedding on the 20th. We sure do miss them. I can't wait for them to be back. It's amazing how big of a void appears in the home when you don't have all your children there.
1 comment:
How fun. I am sure the ashley is loving all the attention right now. what a fun idea. I love smores. good luck on the wedding cake and make sure you take pictures to post:)
Post a Comment