Sunday, June 29, 2008

Andrew's wedding

June 21st my nephew Andrew married a sweet girl named Lilly. They asked me to make their wedding cake, four layers with four different flavors. The hard part was that they decided to get married in Bountiful Utah which meant we had to travel. Ashlee, Brian and I left Wednesday afternoon and arrived at our friend's,the Fenton's, late that night. I spent the entire day on Thursday baking the cakes and then got up at 3 in the morning Friday to drive to Salt Lake's Amtrac station to pickup my mom and Brandon and Monika. We took them back to Ogeden where I left my family and then went back to Bountiful so I could assemble the cake at the reception hall. Things didn't go quite as planned and I had to improvise while working on a freezer cart in the back of a kitchen where a lunch was being cartered. But, all in all, it turned out to be a success.


Now, you all know that you can't have a wedding without a reception and what would a reception be without the tossing of the boquette? That's right, you may have guessed, my daughter caught the boquette. I tried to explaing to her that she would now have to be the next to get married but I don't think she believed me. Here's Ashlee enjoying every bit of her victory. I might add though, every one of the unmarried girls was a cousin or sibling and out of the seven girls, only two of them are old enough to even think of getting married. Well three, but my niece Jessica is leaving for a mission in two weeks so she really doesn't qualify at the moment.









4 comments:

Michelle said...

Nathan's grandma caught the bouquet at our reception. I think Monica is more likely than her to be married soon.

Jen said...

beautiful cake Lisa! you do such a good job on your cakes. Be careful, Ashlee might take you up on the whole getting married next thing.

Jen said...

beautiful cake Lisa! you do such a good job on your cakes. Be careful, Ashlee might take you up on the whole getting married next thing.

Jami said...

I'm glad you find my blog. I asked jen how you were doing all the time. I didn't know you did cakes! You did a good job that is beautiful! How are you guys doing? Your kids are getting so big.