Sunday, October 5, 2008

Another Year Older

Brian turned 34 yesterday. For some reason, this year his age seem to bother him. It was a crazy day but we tried to make it as good as possible. Monika came up with an idea for a cake that I have to admit was pretty cute. What do you think?


For gifts we had planned to give him Ironman the movie. I had even purchased it the day it came out so that we could. But, the impatient man he is, begged and pleaded Tuesday night to watch it and knew we had already gotten it when I told him not to rent it and wait for his birthday.Now don't get me wrong. I didn't cave instantainiously. He did have to beg for a full hour but in the end he did win and we watched it. You know had it been the other way around I would have never ended up with the movie. That is, if he had even remembered it was my birthday before the actual day of my birthday. Any way, As I was saying, we tried to make this birthday special so I thought I'd get him a couple of the things he's been drooling over.


The first......


Yes, A PS3.

Second..................

A Lambergini.

The two together....

a gift card holder and a model he put together with Brandon. You can't blame me for trying right? At least I got the reaction I wanted.

I do have to add that we had purchased the car a week before Brian's Birthday. The day after we got it, I heard through the door as I was getting out of the shower " Dad you know your favorite car, the one that looks kinda squished and flat? Me and mom got you one for your birthday. But don't tell mom I told you cause she'll get mad."

I responded with "He doesn't have to tell me cause you just did." He was quite shocked that I had overheard and wasn't quite sure what to say to me after being caught in the act.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cute Cake! Great idea Monika. Man Brian is getting OLD!!!!!!

Michelle said...

I'd take that cake ANY day! Nathan always seems to get his presents before his birthday. At least you know what to buy Brian. I can't think of a single thing Nathan wants thats anywhere in my budget for Christmas.